OGEE ACRES

Friday, April 7, 2017

April Shower Brings...

We all know the old saying....

April showers bring
May flowers!

But around here it seems all April showers brings is
MUD!



My plans were to add a layer of manure to the flower gardens, then cover them with some black plastic for a month.

All of these April showers have sure put a delay on my plans.
Heck I can't even get a pick up truck close to these beds for unloading any manure.

I can see weeds in one bed are going to be a huge problem!




The other big problem I can for see this coming season will be the ever present herd of deer that roam the yard.


All of the mud sure doesn't seem to bother them!

The temperatures this weekend are forecasted to be in the mid 60's to low 70's.  I am sure that southern winds will usher those temps in as well.  A good combination for drying up that mud!


I have lots of new seeds arriving daily.


Planning the dates for seed starting keeps my mind off of the mud mess.

At least for a little while.



















No comments:

Post a Comment